Chest and Pulmonology
‘In spire’ in Latin means to breathe in spirit. With inspiration, you take in a breath and you feel an elevated sense of creativity and purpose. The only prerequisite to inhabiting the body is to be able to take a breath.
Breath is life, we each take about 20,000 breaths a day yet most people are unconscious of their breathing and take it for granted.
All the bodily function depends upon it so it’s easy to see why illnesses that affect the lungs and breathing are so vital to overall health. Life is dependent upon breathing.
At the Saudi German hospital Cairo our highly skilled specialists in pulmonology can help you breathe easier and enjoy a better quality of life. Patients satisfaction along with state-of-the-art pulmonary medicine services, remain our primary clinical objective.
Consultative services to outpatients and inpatients are provided to ensure highly specialized evaluations and treatment options for COPD, Bronchial asthma, Interstitial lung disease, Infection lung diseases, Neoplastic lung diseases…. etc.
We evaluate and encourage referrals of patients with any form of advanced lung disease as well.
The division has following tests and procedures:
- Pulmonary function laboratory with capabilities for airflow measurements (Spirometry, diffusion & Lung volumes)
- Interventional bronchoscopy procedures as cutting-edge procedures, less invasive and more comfortable for patients than traditional surgical options, but they offer comparable diagnostic yield at a fraction of the cost.
- Specialized, multidisciplinary programs in collaboration with the other specialties guarantee comprehensive and individualized diagnostic and treatment plans that produce optimal outcomes.
Near future prospects:
- Sleep laboratory to diagnose and treat breathing problems during sleep.
- Pulmonary Exercise Program done as outpatient exercise to identify the physiologic cause for the impairment and tailor specific exercise regimens and therapeutic strategies.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program that offers a wide range of services to patients with chronic pulmonary disease.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Program that offers a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach to patients with this devastating disease which is seen more common during the last years.