To diagnose and treat cardiac conditions efficiently, SGH-Cairo offers the most comprehensive range of state-of-art diagnostic equipment and treatment tools including the catheterization laboratory. It offers a multi-disciplinary approach for preventing the occurrence or progression of cardiovascular disease covering patients of all ages, making it one of the leading Cardiology hospitals in Cairo. Cardiovascular disease (Heart disease) is one of the main causes of death and disability globally. Smoking, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Obesity, and Stress are the main risk factors resulting in heart attack, the majority of which can be controlled with basic precautions.
- Treadmill ECG
- Holter 24 and 48-hour monitoring
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Echocardiography – transthoracic, transesophageal and stress echocardiography and 3D imaging
- CT coronary angiography
- Cardiac catheterization and coronary angiography
- Percutaneous coronary interventions and stenting including all types of complex coronary intervention (LMftman intervention, Bifurcation, Chronic total occlusions.
- Imaging guided coronary intervention, e,g, Intravascular ultrasound.
- Physiological assessment of coronary lesions Instantaneous Wave-Free Ratio (IFR)
- Structural heart disease interventions, including percutaneous aortic valve replacement, percutaneous intervention s for congenital heart disease, balloon mitral valvoplasty,
- Cardiac electrophysiology (EP) services, including diagnostic EP, pacemaker and automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillator (AICD) insertion, cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) and ablation of arrhythmias
- Advanced heart failure management, including mechanical circulatory support using IABP, ECMO
Our goal is to ensure that all our Cardiac patients have access to effective diagnostic and treatment facilities; and are given the best possible solution to enjoy a healthy life. We aim to be one of the top Cardiology hospitals in Cairo.
- Patient Screening (Checkup)
- Noninvasive Imaging
- Clinical review